Hints for building an Outdoor Home Addition with Apollo Patios!
- Examine your budget. What are the possibilities of financing your project?
- Look at extra work required to complete the project. For example, you may need to remove trees or an old structure.
- Do your homework. Explore all options of design by looking at magazines, display homes and design centres. Perhaps keep a scrapbook full of your ideas.
- Before choosing the builder or contractor, ask for references and examples of their previous work. Checking their licences is always a good idea.
- Ensure that the contract is a building contract and check all inclusions and price. Any amendments or alterations must be signed off on a variation to contract form.
- Check the home warranty or building insurance (QBCC) in QLD is taken out before starting the construction.
- When approving the final plan, check it thoroughly and ensure any amendments or alterations are reflected in the plans.
- Do regular checks during the building process and discuss any issues you may have.
- Any changes during the building period should be made in writing and signed off by both parties.
- Make any progress payments that are applicable in the contract.
- At final inspection, make a notice of any defects in writing and allow 5 days to have them rectified after making final payment.
- You will have a 12 month maintenance period and a 6 year and 6 month structural maintenance period in accordance with the QBCC in QLD.